Hayman’s Gently Rested Gin is wonderfully smooth, rounded and well balanced, with peppery and spicy notes from its dominant botanicals juniper and coriander. Made to reflect the style sold in London’s ornate Gin Palaces in the 1800s, there’s a nod to the tradition that gin was sold from the cask rather than the bottle. We achieve this by resting the gin in old scotch Whisky barrels for just three weeks. Such short contact with wood really lifts the botanical flavours of enticing spice.
If you are lucky enough to have Gin Foundry’s Ginvent calendar this year, you will receive Hayman’s Gently Rested behind door no.15 . Try one of these cocktail recipes using our wonderful cask-rested Gin:
1. Add cubed ice to a highball glass.
2. Pour in the gin.
3. Top with 100ml Ginger Ale, or to taste.
4. Garnish with a wedge of lime.
1. To make the bay leaf syrup, put two bay leaves in a saucepan with two parts sugar to one part water, and slowly bring to a simmer.
2. Remove from the heat when the sugar has dissolved and leave to cool.
3. Stir all ingredients with ice in a mixing glass or jar.
4. Add cubed ice to a rocks glass.
5. Strain the drink over the ice.
6. Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit.
1. Add all ingredients to a mixing glass and stir well.
2. Strain into a chilled Martini glass.
3. Snap over the oils from lemon zest and garnish.
* Or over 21, depending on where you live.