Hayman Distillers (“we”; “us”; “our”) values your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information at all times in everything we do.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please take the time to read this policy carefully as we want you to be confident that the way we handle your data is completely transparent, fair and reasonable.
By visiting www.haymansgin.com (“our site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection 2018 and the retained EU law version of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679), (“UK GDPR”) or any equivalent legislation, the data controller is Hayman Distillers, a trading name of HG&Co, registered in England with registration No. 1784071.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you give us.
You may give us personal data about you in a number of ways. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, address, email address and phone number and financial and credit card information (“Personal Information”). The way in which you give us Personal Information includes when you are:
- using, visiting or interacting with our site; or
- corresponding with us by phone, email or post.
Information we collect about you when you visit our site.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information (“Technical Information”):
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our telephone number.
- we may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services or products we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, licensors, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- If you have enabled personalised advertising in your Google Account then Google Signals will compile for us multi-platform anonymised data reports on how users interact with our website across multiple devices. Users can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising features through their Google Ads settings, Ads Setting for Mobile Apps and the NAI’s consumer opt outs. For more information about this visit Google’s Privacy Controls.
- Payment – our website uses two payment providers to process financial transactions when customer purchase from our online shop. We have no access to your financial data and account information, as every transaction is processed and managed by the payment provider. Our online payments are handled exclusively by Stripe and Paypal.
- If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then that service stores your credit card data temporarily. Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- For more insight, you may also want to read privacy policies for our payment providers:
- Our website uses anonymous “cookies” to allow customers to purchase from our website and to track customers’ usage of our website. These “cookies” do not contain or transmit any personal, confidential or financial information that could be used to identify individual customers purchasing from our website.
- All visitors to our website are free to refuse the use of “cookies”, however due to technical reasons this may prevent customers from being able to make purchases from our website and other website functionality may not work.
Information we receive from other sources.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
Information you give to us.
On the basis that it is necessary for the performance of any contract entered into between you and us, or in the context of the intention to enter into a contract, we will use your Personal Information to:
- provide you with any information or products that you request from us;
- notify you about any changes in a particular order made by you;
- verify your age to ensure that you are an adult of legal drinking age in order to buy products from our site; and
- carry out any other contractual obligations.
If we do not have your Personal Information for the above purposes, then we will be (a) unable to deliver our products to you or (b) answer any questions you have regarding information about us or our products in anticipation of entering into a contract with us.
If you would you like to receive news updates from us, you can do so by signing up on our website.
Unless you are an existing customer or have signed up on our website to receive news updates, we will require your consent to market to you and you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you would like to choose to opt-out of marketing communications you can do so by visiting our unsubscribe form on MailChimp or contacting us directly by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) . You can change your marketing preferences at any time.
Information we collect about you.
We will use your Technical Information in order to pursue the following legitimate business interests:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers, licensors and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We never sell, rent or exchange mailing lists. In accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, we never send bulk unsolicited emails, (also known as Spam) to email addresses.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take great care of information you provide to us, and it is always stored securely; typically on secure servers located in the UK/EEA. However, we may use systems and other third parties, such as payment processors, located in countries, out of the UK and EEA, which do not have the same level of data protection laws as those in the country where you are located. We and our partners use a variety of legal mechanisms, including data adequacy laws and EU Standard Contractual Clauses, to help ensure that your rights and protections will travel with your data. The processing of personal data complies with the key data protection principles of fair handling of personal data and ensuring adequate level of protection of personal data.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will ask you if it is okay for us to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes.
The UK GDPR gives you the following rights:
Right to rectification. You have the right to rectification of inaccurate personal data.
The right to be forgotten. You have the right to obtain from us the erasure of your personal data where: (a) the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or processed; (b) you withdraw your consent to processing for which we previously obtained your consent; (c) you object to the processing; (d) the personal data has been unlawfully processed; and (e) we are required to erase the personal data in order to comply with the law.
Right to restriction. You have the right to obtain from us the restriction of processing where: (a) you contest the accuracy of the personal data we hold about you; (b) the personal data has been unlawfully processed; (c) we no longer need the personal data but they are required in limited circumstances; (d) you object to the processing.
Right to data portability. In certain circumstances, you have the right to receive personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit it to a third party organisation.
Right to object. You have the right to object to any of our processing of information collected. Please tell us if you object to any of this.
Right to object to marketing. If you do not want us to process your personal data for direct marketing, please tell us and we will ensure that we no longer do this.
Right to complain to the ICO. Whilst we prefer it if you approached us first about any complaints or queries you may have, you always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Subject access right. You have the right to access personal data we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the UK GDPR.
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will not keep any personal data about you for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. In any event, we will not keep your personal data for longer than 6 years after first obtaining it.