As the days get longer try this delicious cocktail – The Hugo
– 35ml Hayman’s London Dry Gin
– 20ml Elderflower liqueur or cordial
– 1 Bunch mint or basil leaves
– 1 lime
– Sparkling Wine
– Put 5-6 of your chosen leaves, cucumber and squeeze 2-3 wedges of the lime in to a big, chilled wine glass or highball.
– Add the gin, elderflower and fill the glass with ice.
– Top with sparkling elements and add more ice if necessary. You can play around with the ratios, if you fancy it a little boozier add more sparkling wine and less soda (or even none at all)
– Gently stir to ensure the drink is mixed. Try not to over stir or aggressively stir and you’ll lose all those beautiful bubbles.
– Garnish with a sprig of your chosen herb.