- 35ml Hayman’s Old Tom Gin
- 20ml Homemade Lemon and Orange Sherbet
- English Sparkling Wine
- To make the sherbet, muddle the peel of 2 lemons and 2 oranges with 230g of caster sugar in a Kilner jar. Leave for several hours (ideally overnight), shaking the mixture occasionally, until it becomes a syrup. Remove the peel, add 100ml lemon juice and 85ml orange juice and stir until dissolved. Keep in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
- Pour the gin into a champagne flute, followed by the sherbet.
- Slowly top with the sparkling wine.
- Garnish with a twist of orange zest.
For the true taste
Making your own sherbet will not only take you back to your childhood, but it allows you to capture your own perfect balance of sweet and sour that embodies a classic sherbet. If you’re after a truly mouth-puckeringly sour finish, add a bit of extra lemon zest and juice.