A refreshingly delicious cocktail to celebrate your wonderful mum this weekend… The Earl Grey Sour.
– 50ml Earl Grey Steeped London Dry Gin
– 1 Earl Grey Tea Bag
– 20ml Sugar Syrup
– 25ml Lemon Juice
– White from 1 egg or 20ml Aquafaba if you want a vegan friendly version.
– Pour 250ml of Haymans London Dry into a measuring jug and put the earl grey tea bag in to infuse for roughly an hour. Don’t leave it for any longer otherwise you will get the bitter, tannic notes from the tea.
– Pour 50ml of your infused gin into a cocktail shaker along with the rest of the ingredients.
– Seal the cocktail shaker and shake hard without ice.
– Open the cocktail shaker and stack with ice and shake again.
– Double strain into your fanciest chilled glass, either on the rocks in a tumbler or straight up in a delicate coupette.