Lemon, basil and gin served over crushed ice, the Basil Smash is perfect to make when you’re having friends over on a Summers evening.
For one Basil Smash you’ll need:
- 50ml Hayman’s Old Tom Gin
- 25mls Lemon Juice
- 15mls Sugar Syrup
- 5-6 large, fresh basil leaves.
- Add all these ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Stack with ice.
- Shake hard.
- Double strain into a chilled glass (already filled with crushed ice)
- Garnish with a wedge of lemon and fresh basil leaves.
How do you make crushed ice? You can get small handheld machines … but it is also easily made with things you already have at home. Place ice in a tea towel, fold it in half, then in half again. Then hit it for about a minute with a rolling pin, and viola – crushed ice!