50ml Hayman’s Royal Dock Gin
20ml Cocchi Americano (Vermouth)
15ml Homemade Sugarsnap Shrub
1 dash Celery Bitters
1 dash Lemon Bitters
- 1. To make the shrub, heat equal parts white wine vinegar and sugar in a saucepan until the sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Add a handful of sugarsnap peas, simmer for 5 mins then allow to cool.
- 3. Strain before bottling and leave in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- 4. Chill a martini glass.
- 5. Stir all ingredients over cubed ice in a mixing glass.
- 6. Strain into the martini glass.
FOR THE TRUE TASTE
Making your own shrubs might sound daunting, but it is the easiest way to capture ingredients’ essential flavours and aromas. Try out our simple method above with different ingredients and you’ll be set to impress with a range of homemade shrubs that will change the way you make cocktails.