This pancake day we’ve partnered with Elfoodielife to create a deliciously ginny pancake recipe inspired by the Tom Collins cocktail.
1) Add the sugar and water into a pan and bring to the boil.
2) Lower the heat to a high simmer and cook until the mixture starts to look thick and syrupy.
3) Add to a jar and leave to cool.
4) Once cold add in the Old Tom Gin and mix in.
1) Start by heating a frying pan over a medium/low heat.
2) In a mixing bowl, add the egg, sugar and milk and whisk.
3) Next, sift in the flour and grate in the lemon zest and whisk together until well combined.
4) Lightly butter or oil the pan or if you’re using a non-stick pan, you don’t have to add any fat.
5) Using a cup or ladle, add a about 40ml of the mixture per pancake. You can cook them one at a time and add them to a low heated oven to keep warm whilst you cook the rest.
6) Now, mix your lemon curd and Old Tom Gin together in a bowl.
7) Start to stack your pancakes and top with some syrup, lemon curd, fresh yogurt, crushed almonds and lemon rind.
* Or over 21, depending on where you live.